Children’s Ministry (1st – 5th Grades)
About the Children’s Ministry
Other Team Members: A host of musicians, puppeteers, Bible teachers, group leaders, art craftsmen and volunteers.
2017 Ministry Theme: To be announced.
Spiritual Mission: The Children’s Ministry helps children understand basic Biblical principles and how to have a relationship with Christ, even at this early age.
Mornings (9:30 am-Noon)
- Curriculum developed thru Wesley Biblical Seminary
- Puppet ministry helps children learn to use the Bible during difficult times
- Interactive story-telling, role playing & old-fashioned missionary stories
- Music, games & snacks
- Creative crafts related to lessons & themes
Raising Money for Missions
The Children's Ministy has become effective fund-raisers for our Indian Springs missionaries each year!
- Tour of Cottages
- General Daily Offerings
- Entrepenerial Projects 'around the campground' included lemonade stands and selling frogs!
Telling the Story to the Next Generation
The Glenn Tabernacle dates from the 1920’s and is rich in Indian Springs legacy that is often shared with our younger campers. It has been a place where many small hearts have made big commitments.
Each year, our children have the opportunity to hear the history of Indian Springs. Helen Rhea Stumbo, great-granddaughter of one of the founders (Rev. George Mathews), tells the story of how campmeeting began. Helen Rhea is featured at right, dressed as Mrs. Annie Mathews, in her story-telling mode! She wants the children to understand that many people have worked hard over a hundred years twenty-five years so that they can learn about Jesus today.