Preserving our History – Leaving a Legacy
In addition to written stories about these remarkable women, the Honorees may be honored on the ‘Tree of Remembrance’ Plaque with an Engraved Bronze Leaf.
The Legacy Ladies’ Project is a fundraiser sponsored by The Ladies’ Fellowship of Indian Springs. Funds collected by the project are used to beautify the common areas of the campground. They also enhance various Workers’ quarters, making them a more functional and inviting place to stay.
Three Aspects of The Legacy Ladies Project
- The Legacy Lady History Book: A collection of antidotes and stories written by family and/or friends about your Honoree. New stories are contributed each year; eventually we hope to publish a book!
- Engraved Bronze Leaf with your Honoree’s name
- Legacy Ladies’ Tree of Remembrance – display of all Engraved Bronze Leaves
Honoring a special woman in your life makes a wonderful commemorative gift for a birthday, Christmas or Mother’s Day. Gift certificates are available for presentation; see below.
Preserving Our History
Previous histories of Indian Springs Holiness Camp Meeting have chronicled the founding and growth of the Campground, the preachers, the Bible Study leaders, the various improvements made on the grounds, etc.
The Legacy Ladies Project is a different kind of history. The project captures a sense of what life was like on the campground across the years, as seen through the lives of the women and families who gathered and shared the experiences of campmeeting life. Each woman’s character, her personality, her spiritual experience and how she influenced family and friends is celebrated.
The Legacy Ladies History Book
The current format of the Legacy Lady History Book is a loose leaf binder to allow annual additions to be easily made. Eventually, we hope to publish the entire collection in permanent book format.
Consider honoring your wife, mother, grandmother, special friend, teacher, or worker – any special lady who has been a blessing at Indian Springs and an example to those who come after her.
How to Participate
To get started, download the information below. You’ll see helpful guidelines about writing memories for your Honoree, types of photos to send and where to send your information.
Working on the Legacy Ladies Project during campmeeting is a wonderful way to engage your entire family in writing the memorial story/stories. Sharing different memories and encouraging participation of more family members can add meaning to the process and Honoree. Contributions from several family members is allowed and encouraged!
If you are using the project as a gift, a Gift Certificate is available. Please allow a month to process the order to make certain there is time for mailing a Gift Certificate to you.
There are two ways to submit information:
- Email Information: Email all written information, photographs clearly identified with the Honoree’s name and the Donor’ name and address.
- Mail Information: Please send all information at one time – i.e., all written material photos and checks; also include Honoree’s name and the Donor’s name and address.
- Photographs should be scanned at 300 dpi to ensure quality printing.
- Please do not send original photographs as we cannot be responsible for returning them.
- Checks should be made payable to “Indian Springs Holiness Camp Meeting” with ‘Legacy Project’ in the subject line.
- The entire process takes approximately 4-8 weeks to complete.
Send information and questions to:
Mrs. Helen Rhea Stumbo 401 Stonegate Drive Nicholasville, KY 40350
Email: email@example.com (Please include “Indian Springs Legacy Project” in the subject line.)
Legacy Memorial Funds
- Legacy Level #1 – $100: Submit information on your Honoree for inclusion in the Legacy History Book, along with up to two photos.
- Legacy Level #2 – $500: In addition to inclusion in the Legacy History Book, you may also place an Engraved Bronze Leaf on the Legacy Ladies’ Tree of Remembrance.
The Legacy Ladies’ Tree of Remembrance will be displayed in a public place at the Campground.